Thursday 5th March 19:03
Unfortunately We don’t have anyone avaiable to run the tow tomorrow and on Saturday it is due to rain as the temperature and the wind increase. We will need more snow and will not therefore be running the tow on Saturday or Sunday.
A good day today doing laps on the main run which once again was very fast and easy skiing. Just a few bare patches near the bottom and the snow held out remarkably well.
Wednesday 4th March 17:34
We intend to run the tow tomorrow Thursday from about 10:30.
The skiing today on the main run was very good. Fast soft snow, very light breeze and good visibility. Only 20 skiers and boarders today so ride on conditions all day. Powder gulley is skiable but there is a grassy traverse at the top. Forecast is very good again with no wind and sunny intervals, the snow will be frozen first thing but should quickly soften as it did today. Day tickets will be available.
Tuesday 3rd March 23:33
The tow will run tomorrow Wednesday from 10:30 and possibly Thursday depending on the survivability of the snow. Day tickets will be available.
The main run is skiable to one piste basher width although the snow is thinner over the last third below the crossover.
It’s currently about minus 1c and the air is dry so the base should be freezing nicely. The forecast is for light winds and good visibility with temperatures fluctuating around zero through till Friday.
Friday 28 February 16:15
A wintry day on the hill. The Met Office forecast was spot on. A strong southerly breeze with snow becoming heavier and eventually turning to rain at 2pm. The skiing was really quite good in the drifting fresh snow and the wind blowing down the hill. Just 5 or 6 hardy skiers and snowboarders up today.
The rain is forecast to start again at midnight and continue into the morning before it possibly turns to snow. With strong winds moving round westerly and blowing up the hill and probably some substantial snow melt overnight we won’t run tomorrow and I’m afraid Sunday is looking unlikely too, though we will keep monitoring the situation.
Thursday 27 February 19:09
We intend to run tomorrow Friday from about 10:30. Day tickets will be available. Forecast is for strong southerly wind and snow which will improve the skiing but will turn to rain after about 3pm. If the wind is too high or the conditions deteriorate we may have to close early.
Not a bad day today. A strong wind blowing up the hill and Thin grassy snow but fast skiing. Some good sections where we have been able to piste bash. The snow improved markedly after 2:30m as it started to freeze again.
Wednesday 26 February 18:41
We are go for tomorrow Thursday to run the tow. Day four of the 2019/20 ski season !!
Expect thin frozen grassy conditions- typical Yad Moss🤪 more snow is forecast overnight.
Day tickets will be available. Hope to have the tow running by 10:30 ish. See you on the hill
Sunday 23 February 9:25
Snow at Yad Moss today. Unfortunately the ground is too wet at the moment and the wind speed forecast up the hill will probably making skiing impossible. The tow will not run today. forecast is staying cold however with more snow so we are closely monitoring the situation and will notify you when it becomes feasible to run the tow. Fingers crossed.
Thursday 13 February 21.25
We’re keeping a very close eye on the webcams and weather. Storm Dennis is likely to thwart any plans for the weekend but it is due to stay cold so fingers crossed that we retain a base. We’re keen to get back out on the hill… Let’s hope for some action soon.
Wednesday 18 December 20.15
An excellent day today on and off piste for Pennine skiers and boarders old and new. The forecast is for milder, wetter weather in the next few days so we have no plans to open later in the week. Please keep an eye on the webcams and snow report for fresh snow. We’ll open again as soon as conditions are favourable!
Tuesday 17th December 18:48
More snow today than Sunday and less wind but poor visibility in the morning. Around 2pm the sun came out the temperature dropped the snow dried out and conditions were great for the last hour. The main run is good and powder gulley was fun after the sun came out. Still plenty of thin areas but good skiing available.
The forecast is for a lot more sun tomorrow. We aim to have the tow running by 10:30. See you on the hill!
Monday 16th December 21:40
Good day yesterday. Shame about the wind but the snow was good and the sun was shining.
More snow has drifted onto the main run this morning. We are intending to run the tow again tomorrow (Tuesday) and then Wednesday. There may be a short delay opening tomorrow while we locate an electrical fault but we aim to open from about 10:45. Day tickets will be available both days.
Sunday 6th October
Finished the tow track fence today. It’s been a lot of work this summer removing the old fence and constructing the new one in the long stretch between P3 and P4. The weather was rather wet and we were all soaked by the time we got to the pub this evening!
The hill is now clear of waste wood and we only have a few jobs left to do. We need to do some more grass cutting and we still have the refurbished poma rack left to install but we anticipate that will be fairly straightforward.
Who knows we could be skiing within eight weeks
Thursday 4th April
Sunshine and snow at Yad today, just a few skiers and boarders having fun in some good late season conditions.
Sunday 10 March
A handful of connoisseurs enjoyed the best of Pennine combat skiing and boarding today. Let’s hope for further days on the hill before the season draws to a close.
Ski poles found leaning up against fence in car park at end of day. Please email email@example.com to claim.
Sunday 3rd February
A strong south westerly wind today and overcast conditions. The skiing was still ok and plenty of different routes were available to explore thanks to the hard frozen ground. New snow started drifting after lunch which started to fill the runs in again but caused the tow track to get bumpier than the skiing!
The snow turned to rain but then started to dry up about 3pm.
We hope the 40 or so keen skiers and boarders had a reasonable day on the hill. We await the next skiable day.
Saturday 2nd February
Good skiing today at Yad moss. Thin snow on a frozen grassy base !
The tow will run tomorrow Sunday 3rd February from 10:00am.
Forecast is showing snow from 11:00. Wind will be Strong at the summit from the SW.
Day tickets will be available.
Friday 1st February 2019
The tow will run at Yad moss tomorrow, Saturday from 10am.
The snow will be thin on a frozen grassy base. The forecast is for sun freezing temperatures and a moderate north westerly breeze. Once the mist clears visibility should be excellent.
Day tickets will be available.
Wednesday 30 January 2019
A Reasonable day skiing today. Good weather but snow thin and with no base it now needs more snow to run again.
Work party Sunday 5th August
Replacing the tow track fencing between P5 and P6. Beautiful weather.
Next work party is Sunday 2nd September. (See volunteer page for details).
Work party Sunday 1 July
Painting the weather exposed sides of the ticket office and control room.
Tuesday 17th April 2018
Sadly the ski season is now over. We have had some great skiing this year. We hope you caught some of the really good days. Thank you for all the fabulous pictures and videos that you posted on the facebook page.
We will be spending the summer back up the hill on our maintenance and repair programme. We’ll be in contact with those of you who have expressed an interest in the work parties. Please see the volunteering page for dates.
We wish you a great summer and look forward to skiing and riding with you when the snow arrives again.
‘Yad the Impaler’, Tuesday 20th March 2018
Yad Moss Ski Club Ltd